Angles Morts Sticker - New Regulation for Vehicles in France
Since 01.01.2021, all vehicles over 3.5 tons entering France must be marked with Angles Morts stickers. This blind spot marking is intended to prevent accidents with cyclists and pedestrians, as they are often overlooked by large and heavy vehicles.
Sizes and materials
- The Angles Morts Sticker are available in various quantities and in the official size of 250mm x 170mm.
- They are available in removable or permanent foil with strong adhesion and as magnetic sign made of magnetic foil.
- These are flexible to use and reusable.
Vehicles and trailers affected
- The regulation affects all vehicles and trailers weighing 3.5 tons or more, including trucks, motor homes and camping vehicles.
- There is no difference between domestic and foreign vehicles.
- Tractor-trailer combinations must also be marked if the towing vehicle and/or trailer are heavier than 3.5 tons.
Fines and correct attachment
- Failure to comply can be costly, as France imposes a fine of up to 750 euros.
- It is important to affix the stickers correctly, as from 2022 fines may also be imposed for incorrectly affixed stickers.
- According to article R.313-32-1 of the French Highway Code, trucks with box bodies and trucks with trailers up to 7.5 tons require at least 3 Angles Morts stickers.